A collage showing the impact of clean water access. On the left, a boy in a teal kurta smiles, holding a clear glass of water and a cloudy one, symbolizing water before and after purification. The center image captures an elderly man in a white turban drinking fresh water from a tap. On the right, a girl in a traditional red and brown embroidered dress holds a glass of clean water, smiling joyfully.

Pakistan Statistics

  • In Pakistan, it is estimated that 30% of all diseases, and 40% of all deaths occuring are due to extremely poor water quality. (Global Water Partnership - South Asia)
  • According to (UNICEF), around 53,000 Pakistani children under the age of five die annually from diarrhea resulting from consumption of contaminated water, and poor sanitation.
  • A study conducted by (UNDP) suggests that Pakistan falls in the category of top 10 countries with the greatest number of people living without access to safe water.
  • Waterborne diseases are common across Pakistan, with three million people suffering annually. (UNDP)
  • Barely 20% of the total population is able to access clean drinking water, while the other 80% is satisfied with the consumption of contaminated water. (Mazhar et al. 2019)
  • A report by (PIDE) reveals that Pakistan ranks 14 out of 17 “extremely high water risk” countries in the world, as the country wastes one-third of water available.